This page will be updated as more info comes in:
ymmfire.ca website is back up but is NOT taking offers of accommodation, but does have many links for other information
EVACUATION CENTRES HERE
– text the word ‘redcross’ to 30333 and this will add $5 to your cell phone bill (donations to the Red Cross) – Alberta donations will be matched by the provincial government AND the federal government, so a $5 donation becomes $15
– if you’d like to volunteer, call Edmonton Emergency Relief Services at 780-428-4422. If you don’t get an answer right away, leave a message
– Edmonton Emergency Relief Services is collecting diapers, baby wipes, NEW TOILETRIES (soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, etc) and NEW socks/underwear – no other clothing or blankets, toys, etc. New items only, please nothing used. Bring donations to the EERS office downtown 10255 -104th Street. They will distribute where needed most.
– Edmonton Food Bank is taking donations of non-perishable food at major grocery stores, fire halls and at edmontonsfoodbank.com
– #FeedTheFort – Fresh Radio is taking donations for the Food Bank in our back parking lot 5204 – 84th Street Thursday til 9pm and Friday 5:30am-9pm. Non-perishables, water, toiletries ONLY please. No clothing/toys.
-various agencies/towns taking donations: Red Arrow Motorcoach
– donate to the Alberta SPCA to help with lost/displaced animals
– ymmhelp.com is coordinating offers of help, with requests
– CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF SPECIAL OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS FOR EVACUEES
IF YOU NEED HELP:
– applying for E.I. benefits: because the Service Centre in Fort Mac is closed, plans are in place to speed up the application process – more here
– various agencies/towns offering help: Gibbons
Fort MacMurray Grad Donation page and Prom Project have joined forces – more here