The Pokemon Go app has been taking over the internet since it launched last week. It’s now the #1 iTunes free app and Nintendo’s stocks are the highest they’ve been since 1983! There’s only one problem if you want to try it: Pokemon Go is not available in Canada yet. Thankfully, someone has posted step by step directions to download it from Canada.
- Launch App Store from your Home screen.
- Tap on Apple ID: [your current email] at the very bottom.
- Tap on Sign Out.
Next you need to change the region on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Language & Region near the bottom.
- Tap on Region
- Check off United States.
Now you need to create the new account in the U.S. Store:
- Go to the Pokémon Go listing on the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. (Tap that link!)
- Tap Install.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Check United States if it isn’t already checked.
- Fill out the required information.
- Tap None for billing information. Pokémon Go is free.
- Launch Mail to verify the email address you used for the U.S. account.
Finally, download Pokémon Go!