There are tons of fun, family friendly Halloween themed events happening in Edmonton (and area) ..and some adult only events too!
Here is a list of all the events I could find and if I missed any, please feel free to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Haunted Pumpkin Festival. Shooting pumpkins out of a cannon, a haunted house, and a corn maze! Every day until Oct 31st at Prairie Gardens, located at 56311 Lily Lake Road in Bon Accord. More here.
2. Deadmonton Haunted House. It’s so spooky, that you must be 12 years old (or older) to enter. Every day until Nov 5th at the Old Paramount Theater on Jasper Ave. More here.
3. Hospital of Horror. A virtual reality haunted house. It’s very creepy, so you must be 14 years old (or older) to participate. Every day until Oct 31st at 10010 107 A Avenue in Edmonton. More here.
4. Family Dance at the German Canadian Cultural Association. 8310 Roper Road NW in Edmonton. A family-friendly event. Tickets $5 per person or $10 per family, and you can buy them at the door. There will be DJ music, and prizes for best costumes! Doors open at 7:00 PM.
5. Halloween Howl Family Fun Night. Thursday, Oct 27th at the John Janzen Nature Center located at 7000 143 st in Edmonton from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. There will be a haunted nature walk, ghostly games, find out what animals you might be scared of, and don’t forget your chair and a mug for hot chocolate! More here.
6. Carnage Caverns. Oct 28 and 29 at 11205 88 Ave in Fort Saskatchewan. A horror experience that promises to be the stuff of nightmares. You can bring your little ones to the haunted howler next door. All proceeds go towards the Fort Saskatchewan Food Bank. Admission is $5 with a food donation, or $20 for the whole family. More here.
7. Haunted Hotel. Oct 29 and 30th at the Rehab and Retreat office at 15403 93 Avenue in Edmonton. Rehab and Retreat and the Human Ecology Student’s Association have transformed the R & R office into a walk through haunted hotel, with live actors. Admission is $5 per person or $10 per family (2 adults and 2 children under 12) More here.