Watch this dramatic security video of an e-cigarette suddenly exploding inside a man’s pocket. Otis Gooding is in hospital with third-degree burns after his e-cigarette suddenly exploded yesterday, burning his thigh, leg and hand. Security video shows the wine store employee talking with co-workers when sparks suddenly flew from his pants, smoke billowing, forcing his co-workers to jump to safety as Gooding tries to remove the device from his pocket. He ended up running water over himself, but still suffered third-degree burns and is expected to undergo surgery.
A co-worker said that the exploding device had been customized.