Wonder Woman opened last weekend to a stunning $223 Million globally. It’s a definite box office smash hit, and I for one, absolutely enjoyed it and will likely see it again in theatres. Seriously, go see it right now. I’m giving it 4.5/5
Here’s 10 things, you (probably) didn’t know about this flick! SPOILER FREE via IMDB.COM
1. It is the first female dominant super-hero movie since Elektra (2005) Elektra was also a spinoff from Ben Afflecks ‘Daredevil. AND Ben Affleck is also BATMAN in this DC extended Universe.
2. Fandango reported that Wonder Woman was the most anticipated blockbuster of summer 2017. They also found that 92% of people surveyed said they are looking forward to seeing a film that features a standalone female superhero. 87% wished Hollywood would make more female – led superhero films
3. This movie was banned in Lebanon, due to it’s star Gal Gadot being Israeli, and served in it’s military. (Israel is still at war with Lebanon)
4. This isn’t so much a fact.. But here’s the proper way to say Gal Gadot!
5. Patty Jenkins is the first woman to direct a super-hero film with a female protagonist!
6. In 2005, Angelina Jolie was offered the chance to play the lead, but declined. In 2015, she was considered to direct it!
7. This is the first female-directed live-action film to have a $100 Million PLUS budget. (The films budget was roughly $150 milllion)
8. (Bit of a spoiler here) Diana is NEVER referred to as Wonder Woman in the film.
9.This is Gal Gadot’s first film in which she is receives top billing.
10. Gal Gadot trained for NINE months and gained 17 lbs of pure muscle for the role.