Home Alone. It’s the must watch holiday movie. The story is simple, Kevin McCallister’s family is set to go to Paris for the holidays. Everyone meets at Kevin’s big house in Chicago. Kevin is sent to bed in a different bedroom, and everyone sleeps in!
Here, watch the trailer. I can wait.
In all of the hustle, bustle, and confusion.. Kevin get’s left alone.. at home.. Home ALONE!!
Here’s just a few things you may not know about this flick…
1. You know those Maps that Kevin Draws up? That Blue Print that says, “Battle Plan”? Macaulay Culkin Drew those up himself.
2. Home Alone is EXTREMELY popular in Poland! In 2011 it aired on December 23rd with an audience of 5 million watching.
(It has also earned 476 Million dollars worldwide, and is in the Guinness book of world records for the highest grossing Comedy)
3. Originally, Chris Farley had auditioned for the role of Santa Claus. (Keep in mind this was before Farley hit it BIG on SNL)
4. The bad movie that you see Kevin watching throughout the film, “Angels with filthy souls” is actually fake. One scene was shot and produced specifically for Home Alone, and was filmed on a cardboard set.
5. There was a lot of improvisation going on throughout this film. The line, “Do you guys give up, or are you thirsty for more” was improvised by Culkin, BUT John Candy improvised ALL of his lines. Not surprising right?
6. (Bonus?) Because everyone always wonders, the actual HOME located in a suburb of Chicago, was listed in 2011 for $2.4 Million!)
You can find more facts about Home Alone HERE Via IMDB.